Content Editor & Copywriter
About The Position
Xl Media Canada seeks an experienced writer to oversee production of content for a leading sports media site.
If you have a knack for outlining and creating content that speaks naturally to sports fans and dominates search results, we want to hear from you.
The role is a promising opportunity for anyone looking to lead a small team in the production of longform how-to content, promotional landing pages, email marketing campaigns, and more.
We’re looking for someone as comfortable with creative writing and voice as they are with sales copy. And of course, you’ll need to know a thing or two about sports.
What’s the Job?
- Plan and execute evergreen content creation that supports key objectives and goals.
- Use SEO best practices to produce creative copy that includes effective keyword and topical coverage.
- Project manage content production by assigning work, setting deadlines, managing workflows, and editing work for junior writers.
- Produce copy/content using compelling language to convince and convert.
- Ensure a consistent brand identity represented through content.
- Develop nurture streams with supporting content marketing within CRM.
- Produce necessary copy consistent with the brand for marketing campaings.
- Mentor junior writers by conducting regular reviews, feedback, and training sessions to support team members' growth.
- 5+ years experience with online writing & publishing.
- Strong understanding of SEO fundamentals with proven ability to outline content strategies to rank for competitive keywords
- Superior understanding of AP Style and best practices in brand messaging and persuasive copywriting
- Experience outlining, implementing, and enforcing brand guidelines across an organization.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and search marketing tools
- Proven ability to effectively edit the work of others and help them improve their writing
- Proven comfort working with cross-functional teams to achieve organizational goals; significant experience collaborating closely with graphic designers
- Ability to integrate complementary search and branding best practices to outline and create content that is both user-friendly and dominates SERPs
- Experience working in a high production publishing environemnt, affiliate marketing and/or sports vertical.
- Experience with multichannel copywriting and digital strategy: email, video, paid, social
XLMedia is a leading digital performance publisher group listed as LON:XLM. We deliver the most relevant and valuable users to global online businesses.
Operating globally across a variety of verticals including online gambling, personal finance and more, the group uses proprietary tools and methodologies to generate high value users for customers in return for performance-based payment models.
We have offices in Tel- Aviv, Cyprus, London, and New York.
1. We put the consumer at the heart of everything we do
2. We believe transparency is a necessity