Director of Communications
About The Position
We are looking for an experienced communications professional who will be responsible for leading and guiding the strategic planning and execution of our corporate brand, portfolio of brands (B2C) and our commercial network (B2B) for North America.
The ideal candidate will have experience building PR strategy, maintaining key media relationships, and implementing innovative tactics while working across multiple teams to ensure a unified message to audiences and the marketplace.
The marketing team at XLMedia is a lean, experienced group looking for a solutions-oriented self-starter who combines a ready-set of honed skills with outside-the-box thinking. The ideal candidate can switch gears quickly – from helping realize strategic initiatives (in partnership with key stakeholders across different regions/verticals) to hands-on execution, maximizing internal resources and channels.
What’s the Job?
- Generate quality, on brand coverage and earned media across our growing business of verticals including Sports, Sports Betting and Personal Finance
- Be a creative partner asked to share your ideas, ability, and expertise while guiding and marketing a series of new and established brands in the North America market
- Implement relevant tools, events and opportunities to educate and inspire consumers about the XLMedia parent company and portfolio of brands
- Oversee and manage the relationship with our NA PR firm
- Create, develop, and implement long-term PR strategy and media relations strategies that support key business drivers for North America ensuring consistent brand storytelling and messaging around brand initiatives and launches
- Ensure plans address how XLMedia achieves a permanent presence in media (beyond just campaigns) with measurable KPI’s that affect brand health
- Steer PR plans to support the brand priority concepts, categories, products, campaigns, and events
- Work with business unit teams to develop plans and execute results-driven PR programs that align with brand vision and business goals; give guidance on prioritisation of brand campaigns and commercial activity to ensure all objectives are met
- Deliver innovative PR techniques, compelling story ideas, clear messaging and effective tactics targeting priority media across broadcast, print and digital channels, including hero editorial, press events at scale, and support for key campaigns
- Drive strategy to identify appropriate media outlets and provide strategic guidance to the teams in building, forming and maintaining top key media influencers
- Supervise external agencies on initiatives as needed/briefed, setting measurable objectives for new idea generation and media coverage
- Oversee planning, KPI setting and reporting against the key campaign calendar for Public Relations
- Ensure information flow across the Global and local PR/corporate communications network
- Communicate Media Relations strategies and vision to all brand teams, agencies, and the wider company
- Ensure global consistency of the overall brand media message
- Provide leadership and expertise to teams across the portfolio
- Facilitate the sharing of best practice across all areas and agencies
- Serve as a primary PR contact within the local and global organisation to share strategies, plans, and results
- Bachlelor’s degree in relevant discipline including PR, Marketing, Communications or a related field is desirable but not essential.
- At least 10 years of solid PR experience within a specific sector or industry relevant to the post
- A strong industry network and contacts with senior journalists and members of the press
- Proven track record of successfully implementing PR strategy for a range of businesses/clients
- Affinity with cross-channel marketing and PR, with a strong background in strategy, media relations, journalism/writing and digital PR/social media.
- Polished presenter and adept at explaining PR terms and outcomes to senior players
- Driven, ambitious, and willing to contribute to the business
- Outstanding public relations skills, both verbal and written
- High level of strategic thinking
- Ability to easily set and implement communication strategies
- Team player with ability to manage and/or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups
- Project management talents with an aptitude for organization and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of consumer messaging and brand reputation
- Ability to present to a range of stakeholders at a senior level
- Fluent English and advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Master or MBA
- Knowledge of performance marketing
XLMedia is a leading digital performance publisher group listed as LON:XLM. We deliver the most relevant and valuable users to global online businesses.
Operating globally across a variety of verticals including online gambling, personal finance and more, the group uses proprietary tools and methodologies to generate high value users for customers in return for performance-based payment models.
We have offices in Tel- Aviv, Cyprus, London, and New York.
1. We put the consumer at the heart of everything we do
2. We believe transparency is a necessity
3. We grow by being bold
4. We work together at pace
5. We cultivate a progressive culture