About The Position
Location: UK – Ideally Leeds or London / remote
Business Unit: EU Sports
Role Type: Permanent
The Content Editor will manage the content efforts for 101greatgoals.com and other XLM website properties when required.
Ideally the Content Editor will have worked in a sport led editorial capacity before (football sports betting the primary content driver), delivering and contributing to high quality content to tight deadlines. The Content Editor will manage a pool of freelancers and will liaise with senior stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
What’s the Job?
Areas of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Play a key role in delivering the company’s content strategy, focusing on a portfolio of igaming affiliate sites in particular – 101greatgoals.com
- Editing & publishing commissioned content in a timely fashion to maximise commercial goals and company strategies.
- Optimise copy and data within content created using knowledge of SEO and internal company SEO teams, persuasion, or branding, depending on the occasion.
- Work between various teams to ensure tone of voice and brand standards are met.
- Liaising with freelancers & the continued commission of high-quality original content for several online platforms.
- Continually suggest new and exciting ways to engage and form relationships through development of content, freelancer management and internal practices and be part of communal voice for strategic planning and ideation with larger content and product teams.
- Manage freelancers to further our own content production capabilities.
- Prioritising tasks and manage their time effectively to meet deadlines and work to tight schedules across multiple projects at one time.
- Ensure all documentation is produced to a high standard, both in terms of written content and presentation.
- Work with designers to ensure a user-friendly experience for our readers
- Work closely with SEO and Commercial teams on content ideation with supporting commercial reasoning.
Who they will Interact with:
- Daily: Brand Manager, Site Administrators, Copy Editors and Freelancers.
- Weekly: Digital PR, Web Design & SEO teams.
- When requested: VP of EU Sport
What They Produce:
- Content Page briefs.
- Coverage reports.
- Support with Google Page Experience/Core Web Vitals monitoring.
- Content Strategy and planning.
- Editorial copy.
- Long form and evergreen content.
- News reports and analysis.
Measures of Success:
- Quality of content.
- User engagement.
- Web site traffic.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- You will have a true passion for Sport betting (UK sports).
- An enthusiasm and drive to learn more about and succeed in the betting industry.
- Understanding of how content impacts wider performance objectives.
- Knowledgeable of SEO content techniques and best practices.
- Knowledgeable of conversion-oriented copywriting tactics.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar and syntax.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Experience in Writing, Editing and Publishing content across a Football and/or Gambling environment.
- Writing, copy editing, and proofreading experience.
- Fluent in English, and a flawless writer and communicator with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Experience in creating content and editorial products.
- Journalism degree educated or equivalent qualification.
- Ideally 2-3 years of experience working in a sport editorial setting.
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments.
XLMedia PLC is a leading digital publishing group. We deliver the most relevant and valuable customers to global online businesses.
We own content-rich websites in 18 languages, which alongside in-house technology and exclusive data make us one of the strongest players in the industry. We make the most out of all the three resources to help consumers find the best available product or service to purchase. By helping consumers, we drive vast numbers of highly engaged users to our partners and generate the highest return on our assets.