About The Position
The Manager of SEO will lead and coordinate all SEO efforts, including onsite and offsite optimization and keyword expansion research. The incumbent will be an analytical and perceptive professional who is a skilled communicator and able to collaborate with various teams. The Manager of SEO must be motivated to achieve high levels of performance in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience with SEO best practices and proven expertise in search engine optimization. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team, develop new skills rapidly and adapt continuously to an evolving digital landscape.
What’s the Job?
- Leading a team of SEO analysts and/or hands-on experience in all phases of onsite and offsite optimization.
- Managing local/national SEO campaigns for large websites on top tier search engines (Google/Yahoo/Bing)
- Knowledgeable about the workings and partnership opportunities between online marketing channels (SEO & SEM), eCommerce, social media, email marketing, customer service advertising, and web analytics, able to provide business recommendations based on these channels
- Exceptional understanding of best SEO practices that assure high rankings and strong organic traffic for targeted keywords, including competitor analysis
- Expert level understanding of keyword selection, creation, expansion, and analysis; ability to generate monthly reports to be reviewed by senior management team
- Experience identifying appropriate link building opportunities within the digital marketing strategy
- Understanding of local search optimization algorithms (Google Places)
- Hands-on experience with analyzing search engine algorithm updates (Panda/Flux) and developing new strategies related to those changes; can advise on cross-channel impact and how to correct issues
- Experience collaborating with management, IT, and creative teams to develop a recognized and effective online marketing strategy for the brand
- Ability to optimize landing pages through research-based recommendations
- Demonstrated mastery of Google Analytics (Google Webmaster Tools & Google AdWords)
- Expert level understanding of SEO best practices that assure high rankings for selected keywords within a calendar year, including competitor analysis.
- Ability to generate monthly reports providing forecasts in traffic performance metrics that are reviewed by senior management team.
Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional leadership ability that inspires and motivates staff, with a focus on "servant leadership" to ensure company and staff goals are met
- Impeccable attention to detail with good judgment, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable, open to and embracing of change, a self-starter with a strong work ethic, and able to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written), detail oriented and organized; ability to present information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Proven time management abilities, the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. Excellent organizational skills, precise problem-solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment; self-motivated to achieve high levels of performance
- Ability to develop and execute on a digital marketing campaign (paid search, SEO/SEM, social media, email) for new and existing customers from the perspective of driving customer acquisition through relevant organic and paid search placement
- Ability to prepare strategic recommendations based on analysis of business objectives
- Can develop team members through coaching and training
- Confident public speaker, comfortable interacting with senior level management in high-pressure situations
- At least 3 years of SEO experience
- At least 2 years of experience leading an SEO team (minimum 3 people)
- English – high level (verbal, written)
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement, and to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously
- Ability to manage and channel employee workloads to deliver targets
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with web technologies such as HTML, WordPress, and CSS
- Experience working with large publications
- Experience in the personal finance industry (credit cards, insurance, banking, etc.)
We are a global performance marketing company, carrying prestigious Google, Facebook, and Instagram partner badges.
We deliver the most relevant and valuable users to global online businesses and mobile apps. Our 400+ talented technology and digital marketing experts are committed to driving exceptional performance.
You’ll be joining world-class SEO champions, aligning 2000+ profitable, multilingual sites with top SEO trends. It’s a great opportunity to grow professionally, working for one of the frontrunners in the competitive SEO industry!