Java Software Engineer
About The Position
We are looking for an experienced Java Backend Engineer to join our R&D Department.
The team is responsible for developing top-notch web applications to support Webpals systems.
The applications are based on the latest Java/Spring and NodeJS platforms and rely on the newest AWS cloud services.
What’s the Job?
- Develop robust web applications with Java and Spring on top of Docker containers and AWS Cloud Services, such as: ECS, ECR, EC2, Kinesis, Kafka, SQS, Lambda Functions, RDS, MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.
- Accountable for the technical delivery - build, system testing handover/co-ordination, tech support. documentation and deployment activities
- Ability to analyze/identify gaps in functional/business requirements, discuss with functional and client product owners on required changes that align with the product stack and architecture
- Ability to effectively debug and resolve technical Production issues and/or defects that may be reported
- Assist in writing technical approach and design documentation as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with Java and Spring Framework
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures
- Experience with Relational Databases, such as MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, RDS or Document databases such as MongoDB
- Ability to work collaboratively in a creative, Agile environment and manage agile task assignments
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies and solve problems
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Hands-on experience with NodeJS and NestJS
- Hands-on experience with AWS Cloud Services, such as ECS, ECR, EC2, Kinesis, Kafka, SQS, Lambda Functions, RDS, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Data Streams and Queues, such as Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools
Webpals Group is a leading digital performance publisher. We deliver the most relevant and valuable users to global online businesses. Our most talented technology and digital marketing experts are committed to driving exceptional performance.
You’ll be joining our Tech Department – the tech nerds who work on challenging projects, which become cutting edge data-driven content, ML/AI aimed for personalized customer journeys, data pipelines platform, and more.