Head of Data Engineering
About The Position
As Head of data engineering, you will lead all aspects of data technology teams in the company.
You will build data pipelines, machine learning platforms, data-driven products, and services. You will be responsible for generating Data as a Service (DaaS) platform for the goal of creating analytic tools to optimize marketing performance company-wide initiatives. You will build services that receive data elements in real-time from all company-wide digital assets, generate insights, and integrate into several platforms for utilizing data-driven content and automated generated content across all marketing campaigns.
You will report to EVP Engineering and CTO, and participate in c-level meetings.
What’s the Job?
- Build models for marketing performance optimization
- Build data services to support data-driven content on branded sites
- Build pipelines to collect data from vast external sources
- Lead data-science towards the development of data-driven and Machine/Deep Learning and other algorithms into viable products
- Direct management of data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, analysts, and product managers
- Lead partnerships with startups and global data/technology companies
- Manage delivery by agile frameworks (Scrum / SAFe) and report agile KPIs to management.
- Work in collaboration with all tech teams, marketing teams, finance, legal, and operation, across the organization
- Fluent English
- Strong engineering background
- Proven successful record of leading teams of experienced software engineering, data engineering, data scientists, data product owners, and business analysts, with clear KPIs and results that moved the needle, on large scale, operating in international environments.
- R&D Delivery oriented: Algorithms, processes, and specifications
- Proven Head of level management experience and skills
- Strong communication skills, participate in fact-paced senior management discussions
- A Ph.D. or M.Sc. in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Sciences, Engineering, CS)
- Hands-on experience building machine learning models with cloud-based infrastructure or services
- Agile certification, such as SAFe or others
- Experience working with massive scale infrastructures like Kafka, Cassandra or similar
- Previous Hands-on Experience with modern ML frameworks like Caffe, etc
- Prior experience in product or engineering positions for a large scale SaaS or PaaS product
- Proven experience managing blend of research, and engineering teams
- Ability to communicate complex data concepts and products to business minded individuals
Webpals Group is a leading digital performance publisher. We deliver the most relevant and valuable users to global online businesses. Our most talented technology and digital marketing experts are committed to driving exceptional performance.
You’ll be joining our Tech Department – the tech nerds who work on challenging projects, which become cutting edge data-driven content, ML/AI aimed for personalized customer journeys, data pipelines platform and more.