Senior Data Engineer
About The Position
Data operations management; QA/Testing; Orchestration; Automation
What’s the Job?
Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
- Assist the Data Engineer Team Lead in the overall design and implementation of the data architecture, first party data and single customer view platforms, and continuous development of the Single Source of Truth.
- Expanding and optimizing the current data pipeline as well as data workflows.
- Building and improving data systems and ETL data for cross-functional teams.
- Work with the MLOps engineer to productise models created by the data science team.
- Guiding a team of data engineers and delivering on requirements in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with data team leads to achieve common goals, such as product development.
What They Produce
- Date lake and warehouse
- ETL pipelines
- Consumable data for data analysts and scientist
Measures of Success
- Developing and maintaining data platforms and engineering best practices.
- Resilient and secure data structures
- Collaboration with other technical teams
Engineering, Product, Delivery teams
Other data teams
Experience & Qualifications
Cloud computing, big data platforms, analytics platforms, real-time event sourcing.
2 years in similar capacity
Qualification: comp science, info tech, other technical disciplines or relevant experience
Knowledge & Skills
Cloud functions, data warehouse, ETL, orchestration, complex SQL/NoSQL, Message Queues, Analytic Platforms, Python, JS.
XLMedia PLC is a leading digital publishing group. We deliver the most relevant and valuable customers to global online businesses.
We own content-rich websites in 18 languages, which alongside in-house technology and exclusive data make us one of the strongest players in the industry. We draw on all three resources to help consumers find the best available product or service to purchase. By helping consumers, we drive vast numbers of highly engaged users to our partners and generate the highest return on our assets.