VP of Internal Technology
About The Position
As a VP of Internal Technology, you will lead the Internal Technology team, providing the business with the best operational tools and systems to operate the business in the most efficient & effective manner.
What’s the Job?
Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
- Build effective and solution led relationships with key stakeholders across our global business to understand departmental needs, to create effective actions plans and to coach the business through IT and Technology related change management
- Manage relationships with all external vendors and IT suppliers, creating high quality and cost-effective partnerships
- Accountable for a 2 year vision and annual strategy for Core IT and Internal Technology; including a roadmap of upgrades to core platforms, investment in key systems and identifying new technology and tools that can directly benefit operations
- Responsible for Establishing and enforcing strong governance, compliance & security standards and technologies for all systems - including management reporting of risk/issues.
- Responsible for the maintenance and evolution of internal tools such as CRM, ERP and collaboration tools under a culture of continuous improvement and DevOps partnership
- Oversee the governance, compliance and monitoring of risks/threats and vulnerabilities in all IT systems – implementing improvement programmes to continually evaluate risk and evolve maturity
- Responsible for all budgetary management for the Internal Technology department.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, and Data/Automation teams to ensure alignment of objectives, timelines & common ethos of continuous improvement & DevOps mindset
What They Produce
- Global IT roadmap
- Governance/Compliance/Security protocols
- Team OKRs
- Business plans for future investments and new products
- Presentation decks for senior leaders on the value of IT
- Will work closely with all senior leaders across the business units and shared service depts. Understanding business needs, informing and gaining buy-in on roadmap priorities and delivering tools and solutions to meet the individual business dept requirements
- Working hand in hand with the VPs of Engineering, Product and Data to align on common system architecture and processes
- Industry leaders and experts to establish new opportunities, innovations and gain market insight
Measures of Success
- Delivery of technology to business requirements
- Speed of delivery
- Security and governance of systems
- Minimal system downtime and or failure
Experience & Qualifications
- Leadership skills – ability to form, lead, coach and develop a high performing team and work with a range of stakeholders across the business
- Experience in network infrastructure and security protocols
- BA in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience leading a global technology team, overseeing internal technologies, platforms and tools
- Working with outsourced providers as well as internal team
Knowledge & Skills
- Foundation IT infrastructure
- AWS cloud infrastructure
- Corporate security
- Microsoft business solutions
- SAP Business One
- Automation practices
XLMedia is a leading digital performance publishing group. We deliver the most relevant and valuable users to global online businesses. With offices in Austin, Cyprus, London, Canada and New York, our technology and digital marketing experts are committed to driving exceptional performance. The college sports group within XLMedia is focused on building highly engaged media brands focused on serving college sports fans in the US. The college sports brands receive over 100 million visits annually.