Chicago Editor & Website Owner
About The Position
An exciting opportunity to be part of the vision and execution of a Chicago sports and sports betting online publication – for Chicagoans by Chicagoans.
The role of the Chicago Editor & Website Owner is to spearhead the entire website activity from concept to reality, including planning and execution.
The location for this role is in Chicago
What’s the Job?
- Website overall strategy - detailed work plans and strategies
- Build and lead the editorial team
- Build and lead the editorial calendar
- Set goals, KPI’s and manage the website’s P&L
- Oversee user acquisition/marketing strategy including - SEO, organic/paid social media, influencer marketing, partnerships and more
- Work closely with marketing, design and tech departments to meet website objectives and deadlines
- Conduct competitive analysis and identify new business opportunities
- Improve the User Experience of the website regularly
Webpals Group is a leading digital performance publisher group. We deliver the most relevant and valuable users to global online businesses. With offices in Tel- Aviv, Cyprus, London and New York.
Our technology and digital marketing experts are committed to driving exceptional performance.
You’ll be joining our US dream team, helping build our sports assets and US footprint
- Energy and excitement
- At least 7 years of experience writing Chicago sports content
- At least 4 years as a sports editor
- Experience in managing teams of writers
- Proven entrepreneurial skills
- Analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- SEO experience
- Online marketing experience
- Experience using a variety of analytics tools for website analysis, including Google Analytics and internal reporting tools
- Sports betting experience and understanding